Friday, October 16, 2009

JOURNEY EXTENSION

Because I had to change my email address when we left our house at the resort and moved into a Motor Home I had problems with email, phone, Internet and everything connected to those things. I have had to change the address on the blog site and it was a mess so just decided to start all over and send everyone the new spot...



The URL in case you do not get a message from me is

http://bitsybb-chele.blogspot.com/



I started this as a journey for 2008 when I was first diagnosed for the second time with Cancer.

Metastasized Breast Cancer which means it has moved onto places other than the breast. After a Lumpectomy, Chemo, Mastectomy, Radiation and many complications since then it has still not left my body unfortunately. We are still fighting this monster tooth and nail. I am about to start another round of Chemo on Monday which has postponed our plans of going south in our newly acquired home... The Motor Home which we call the Coach.. Hopefully I will be done with treatment so we can spend our annual Christmas time with our families and then go to Laughlin for the first three months of 2010 as we planned. As in the past I try to post when ever I can so I can just send out a blog note to everyone and not have to update many many times in individual emails. I still like to receive as many emails as I can tho as the correspondence by email, mail or phone is a bright spot in a sometimes dull day trying to beat the demon. So don't be afraid to correspond or send comments to me.



Since I last posted we sold everything we owned (practically) at an Auction in the front yard of our house at the resort, climbed into the Motor Home and headed North. We spent a few days with our best friends traveling to Iowa to watch Barges go down the Mississippi river and then to Nebraska to visit with the friends from Laughlin. We then went up to Northern Minnesota to help my mom for about three weeks. Following that we came back to Missouri and left our Motor Home at the resort and went to Oklahoma to meet up with our friend Kenneth and headed off to a wonderful trip to Alaska. We took a five day land tour starting in Fairbanks and ending up in Anchorage. We then boarded a ship in Seward and cruised to Vancouver. It was a great trip and we did so many fun things. There was only one disappointment in the trip. The three of us planned to take a Helicopter to a Glacier and land at a dog camp. We were then to ride the dogsleds and even be able to mush the dogs. The weather did not cooperate with us and the Helicopter was not able to take us up. When I was up north I found out that you can go dogsleding in Northern Minnesota up by where my mom lives or in Wisconsin so I guess we could still try it .... However Jerry was really enthralled with landing on a Glacier. There are none of those in Minn or Wis...



When we returned from that trip we planned to go to Indiana to the Covered Bridge Festival and then to Michigan to visit our son and daughter-in-law and then head south to Texas. I got a call from my mom and she wanted me to come help her move as she didn't feel she could live alone in her house any longer. We spent three weeks getting her all set up at an Assisted Living facility in Biwabik Mn. She is a little farther away from home than she wants to be but she is safe and has the help she needs.



When we left her we did go to Covered Bridge Festival for a couple days with our friends and just spent time wandering around as opposed to working there in the food wagon like we had for the last 7 years. They have come back here to the resort with us for a few days before they leave for Texas, their home base. We are planning to stay here at the resort while I am having treatment unless we cannot survive the weather in Nov and Dec here in Missouri living in a Motor Home. If I have complications or get to uncomfortable we will have to go to plan B which will probably be to rent a place for awhile. I'm counting on the Good Lord and my dear friends to get me thru this one again and am sure I will be back in action very soon.



Hope this is a good catch up for anyone that I have not keep in touch with.

I will appreciate any prayers, white lights or good thoughts from anyone and I thank you in advance for all of it.



Later

Chele

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chele, Glad to hear that you have been busy and seeing the places you want to see! Your travel agenda is making me envious (except for the cold places!). Of course prayers go out for you to have treatments that are not difficult on your body/mind. I wish we'd have met sooner as I think we'd have become fast friends. All my good wishes to you & your hubby as you travel through life's glitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chele,
    Just caught up with you through the new blog. I am praying for you. I send you my best wishes and hope that soon you will be back in the coach and touring our great nation.
    Hugs,
    Theresa Wehmeyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to your new blog Chele. WOW you two have been rocking and rolling! Best wishes and prayers winging your way that this phase will go quickly and you will once more be on your way :)
    Big hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear from you and glad that you had such wonderful trips. You have been in my prayers along with some of my other friends in somewhat same situation. If I get any more that need prayers I will be up 24/7 so the Good Lord better start listening.
    Will catch up with you soon.
    Love and God Bless
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete